Glory Industries logo

Who We Are

GLORY INDUSTRIES is a privately owned, woman founded and woman operated tissue converting company, located in Port-au-Prince, Haiti.

GLORY INDUSTRIES produces Glory branded papers and making under the glory trademark. “Glory SIYE” meaning wipe in Haitian creole, “Glory PWOP” meaning clean. These brands are special   marketing conceptions, for the local Haitian market. Other brands like Glory CLASSIC, Glory JOY and Glory LUXE, Glory “PUPPY LOVE” are higher class brands aimed at both, local and export markets.

A Video on Glory Industries Haiti
She’s a ‘professor’ in toilet-paper making in Haiti - Miami Hearld

We mainly use recycled paper grades in our production, and mixed and virgin tissue paper upon order.

We are making plans to produce jumbo rolls for institutions, small pocket tissue handkerchiefs and kitchen towels in an immediate future. Feminine napkins and diapers will follow.                 

Today, only 60% of the Haitian population has access to toilet paper due to remoteness and lack of health education or good hygiene habits.

Our company takes pride in also accessing the most remote area of the country to serve a niche market, by supplying unique small size products, to meet the needs of isolated consumers. We also focus on hygiene promotion to encourage better tissue usage habits.

This niche market of 10,497,000 inhabitants is today relying on 95% imports of toilet paper and other hygienic tissue products to satisfy their needs. The 14,000 tons of imported hygienic paper products serving only 60% of the population are too expensive to most consumers, forcing them to go without. This leaves 40% of the population underserved. We are working to not only fill the gap, but become substitutes for imports. Our objective is to expand and emerge as the number one players, with 50% market share within the next four years.

While being sustainable, the company brings a solution to better hygiene in a nation in needs for the products. The company is committed to the promotion of Hygiene and Health in the Haitian community, helping consumer’s habits change for the better. The company is simultaneously satisfying mass consumption with the production of low cost, unique items, at an economical reach of the low income consumers. It is also producing first class brands, to acquire a market share in all market segments, and eventually enter the export market.

Aside from targeting a profitable market share, the company’s mission is to improve the welfare of the Haitian Community. By building awareness to the necessity of personal hygiene, the company will improve health, and subsequently create a bigger market.

Glory Industries is contributing to the development of the Haitian Economy and the reduction of unemployment rate along with the improvement of GDP of Haiti. Our goal is to produce quality hygienic paper products available to all, including the most disadvantaged.

 

GLORY INDUSTRIES is a socially and environmentally responsible company. We are working hard to make our personal care brands become synonymous of hygiene, to lead as the HIGIENE SOLUTION


GLORY PAPERS, THE HYGIENE SOLUTION!